Company Name: SINGAPORE TECH ENGINEERING LTD
|Research House: OCBC||Price Call: HOLD||Target Price: 3.97|
Stock Name: MIDAS
Company Name: MIDAS HLDGS LIMITED
|Research House: OCBC||Price Call: BUY||Target Price: 0.54|
Stock Name: SingTel
Company Name: SINGTEL
|Research House: OCBC||Price Call: HOLD||Target Price: 3.50|
MARKET PULSE: SingTel, ST Eng, Midas
4 Jul 2013
SingTel: No Myanmar, no problem
SingTel, despite being widely touted as a front-runner, was not among the two winners of the 15-year telecommunications licences in Myanmar. But not winning it may not be a bad thing, given the massive scale of the infrastructure roll-out, and the still uncertain regulatory environment in the nascent mobile market. However, we believe that there are still opportunities for SingTel to get involved at a later stage when the industry is more settled and the regulatory environment is more established. Separately, we see the recent volatility in the regional currencies as the biggest risk factor, as SingTel is especially exposed to AUD/SGD movements because of Optus. However, we do note that some value is starting to emerge around current levels, as SingTel has fallen back to below our SOTP fair value of S$3.83. Hence we maintain our HOLD rating and would be buyers closer to S$3.50. (Carey Wong)
ST Engineering: Reducing peg from 22x to 20x
The share price of Singapore Technologies Engineering (STE) has fallen 12.1% since the peak of S$4.56 on 24 Apr 2013. But we note recent contract wins that attest to the group's market leading positions. Just yesterday, ST Aerospace announced that it has signed a long-term agreement with UTC Aerospace Systems to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner nacelle systems for the Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 and General Electric GEnx engines. Nevertheless, as the market seems to be taking a more "risk off" approach, we are now using a lower 20x peg (versus 22x previously) against our FY13F EPS, which results in our fair value easing from to S$3.97 from S$4.36. We maintain a HOLD rating on STE, supported by an estimated FY13 dividend yield of 4.5%. (Sarah Ong)
Midas Holdings: Wins CNY44.3m metro contract
Midas Holdings (Midas) announced last evening that it has secured a CNY44.3m metro contract for the Changchun Metro Lines 1 and 2. This involves the supply of aluminium alloy extrusion profiles for 44 train sets (or 264 train cars), with delivery slated to occur from 2013 to 2015. This latest development brings total YTD contract wins by Midas to ~CNY423.2m and also illustrates the positive momentum in China's metro industry, given the development of new metro lines and upgrading of existing systems. We are keeping our estimates intact as our projections allow for such contract wins. Maintain BUY and S$0.54 fair value estimate on Midas, based on 1.1x FY13F P/B. (Wong Teck Ching Andy)
For more information on the above, visit www.ocbcresearch.comfor the detailed report.
- US stocks rose, sending the S&P 500 Index to the highest level in two weeks on better-than-estimated labor data despite concerns over Greece's ability to obtain its next bailout tranche and political developments in Egypt and Portugal.
- Croesus Retail Trust sees about 3.5% growth in variable rent in FY14-15, according to its investor presentation.
- Parkway Life REIT continues building up its Japanese portfolio with the purchase of another two nursing homes for S$23.1m.
- Intraco Limited's mandatory conditional cash offer for its listed associated company Dynamic Colours fell through due to lack of acceptances to make its offer unconditional.
- KXD Digital Entertainment manages to extend deadline for the submission of its resumption of trading proposal to 31 Jul.